Worms On A Betta, Please Help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jen_S

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought a betta a few weeks ago. It's in my guupy tank with cherry shrimp, asst. snails, and 4 dwarf frogs. The betta was the last fish that I added. Tonight I realized that he has a patch of worms on his chest. They are in a circular cluster and are pinkish anywhere from 2mm- 7mm long. I'm assuming that they have been there progressively getting worse. I have no idea what they are. The only issues I have ever had are with fungal parasites. Once identified, this is not going to be easy to treat because of the frogs and cherry shrimp. the tank is planted and it would be very tough to get the shrimp out. what type of worm could this be? Once I have some idea of what it is, I can find a treatment.
I can't get a good picture of the worms either.

So they are worms and have no legs, do they have forked tails, can't think of a parasite which is pink.
You will need to remove the strimps and frogs if you cannot remove the worms with tweezers, don't remove the parasites though till you know which one it is, as some can damage the fish if you remove them.
I would see if a salt bath on the betta will remove them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back