Work Damn You Work (asap)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Phoenixfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
right my new T6 bulb is finally here so i can start rigging up my 125lt tank . . . now why wont it work?! :blink:

i have the jewel rio 125lt tank, origionally it came with a standard multilux light I bar which was fine for fish but rubbish for plant growth
i then got a 20watt single light ballast giving me 3 T8's which was alittle better
but still not quite good enough

last week i brought a 20watt twin balast and ordered a 6500K T6 bulb which came today giving me
a grand total of
3 T8's (2 plant spec 1 dayglow) and 1 T6 (plant spec)
i wanted to set 1 t8 at the back, 1 t8 and 1 t6 in the I bar and the final t8 at the front. but i cant get the twin to work
when i try and turn it on the two lights pulse once then die outafter about a second
now the ballast is a 20watt and the 2 bulbs are 18 watt each so why wont it kick in?
is it broke and therefore useless? it came with a 2 year warrenty but the amount of hassle sending it off :/

:crazy: i just want it to work =P

anyhelp would be appeciated and ASAP as ive got the content of the cupboard spread out on the floor,

Sounds as though you have a dodgey bulb. Or water may have got into it. These are reccomended when fixing t6 bulbs on the Juwel systems.

nah its not the I bar thats not working its the twin ballast, also ive already got brushing kits on sofar the twin ballast hasnt been near water and the bulbs work >.< i can think of 3 options 1) the bulbs need to be 20 watt each not 18 (even though ive run 18 watt T8 on a single 20 watt ballast before fine)
2) ive connected the wrong endcaps to each other but it still lights up for like 1 second then dies
3) the ballast is dud
if anyone knows a free site that uploads videos ill make a quick video of the bulbs pulsing at teh start before they die
-----------------------------

oooo forget that

Customer Notice:

Please note the correct connection of the lamp leads as shown on the control unit outer casing. If you connect both leads from one end of the unit to either end of the same tube, the tube will just flash on start up and not light.

Please also note that the control unit requires both tubes to be fitted to make it work. Will not fire up if only one tube fitted

that sounds like me problem *gos and plays a second* OMG now he goes and breaks one XD :/ ah well ill have to wait till tomorrow to pick up a new one but i think that solves the job of the lighting unit
thanks luke

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back