Woohoo new tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

flash

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just finished setting up my new 260liter bow fronted tank. Bought it second hand. Its such and upgrade from the 70l. Came with a beautiful Bala shark he's about 8 inches! :p

Lots of sand, driftwood and plants. :D THe barbs will be moving in soon.

Don't know what else to get.... large shoal of neons maybe. :thumbs:

Any ideas? I'll post some pics once the sands settled bit murky at the mo.

cool! kinda the wrong place but...

umm.. a bala is really to big of a fish for a 60 gallon

neons + bala = no neons :)

If you are planning on keeping the Bala, then you are going to have to be very selective with your tank mates aswell as keeping the tank fairly open. Balas get even bigger than the one you already have. I have seen a huge 14" specimin.

Appropriate tank mates would be various types of catfish, barbs, various cichlids etc.

Ben

Balas need at least 100 gallons and should be in a group of at least 3.

I'd go for some angefish or other cichlids or maybe some large gouramies (without the bala though)... Or maybe a huge school of tiger barbs and a few rainbow sharks and a smallish pleco.

I blatantly put this in the wrong section..opps :p

Yeah I'm abit concerned about the size of the bala he's does like to move around lots and apparantly he's fond of neons too. :lol: Could take him to the LFS but seems a shame to lose him he's such a lovely fish.

Discus would be nice but I'm still a bit new to this fish keeping malarky to be venturing down those routes now!

ANgel fish, mmm, I'd like that, nice deep tank too. But will my barbs nip them?

And if I go cichlids will ever thing else have to come out?

So many options... :huh:

Ash

you could do lots of dwarf cichlids/apistos :nod:
that would work nicely :thumbs:

HTH

DD

I don't have much luck with dwarfs. The only Rams I kept get ill and die :sad: THis was in a much smaller tank though so could give it another go :nod:

Could I keep the bala for a little while with dwarfs?

Most reactions

Back