Woodlice

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

roddy

Reaction score
Just wondering if I am missing something. Woodlice would seem the ideal food for puffers, crunchy, easy to get and last under water long enough to give the puffer something to chase but yet have never seen them recommended, is there a reason? :unsure: Better not add mine seem to love them :nod:

Have used woodlice many, many times. They're a good food, if taken (if not, remember they'll drown underwater, and thereby pollute the aquarium). The only catch is that anything collected in the garden may pick up pesticide sprays if you use them.

Cheers, Neale

Cheers Neale, that is what you call a quick response :good: Reckoned they would be fine but just wanted to check as they seem a big hit but have never seen them mentioned in connection with feeding puffers. On an aside, puffers are def smart but scats seem to have them matched. The silver scats can't eat the woodlice straight away but were quick enough to suss it they 'hide' behide the puffer they could grab half once the puffer had 'opened' it ;)

When I kept a Silver Scat, he pretty quickly learned how to steal food from the Archerfish. As soon as they spat at the bits of prawn on the glass, the Scat would go charging off in that direction, often getting to the food first! Smart, smart fish.

Cheers, Neale

Most reactions

Back