Wood

it alredy sinks on its own and its stopped leacking tannis. so i just soak it in salty water for a few weeks and then boil it
 
You have sap. I would let it dry out and hope the sap drys up. The sap is your biggest problem right now. I would let it dry out in the sun it might take awhile for the sap to dry up but it will be worth it.
 
The wood never truly stops leaching tannins for a good 6 months. Attack it with the wire brush to ensure the wood is well scratched and will easily leak any impurities, then place in the salt water for 1-2 weeks changing the water every so often. Then I would bake it in the oven for a couple of hours watching it to make sure that it doesn't burn. It should then be safe to return to the aquarium
 
Just want to let you know my new chunk of wood is now doing the same exact same thing as yours with the bubbles and sap. When I bought it I could tell it looked pretty fresh. Now I am going to take it out and let it dry in the sun and see if that helps with the sap and then I might boil it.

It's a pain.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top