Will moved cherry shrimp eggs hatch?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Oman

Reaction score
Hi guys, the other day I noticed my blue cherry shrimp was pregnant, a few days later on the piece of Amazon Frogbit she had been on when I noticed her pregnancy, had about 15 small brown pellets on. I assumed these were the eggs and moved them to my yellow cherry shrimp tank as the tank with the blue shrimp has fish in it which could fit baby shrimp in their mouth. I did this just under a week ago and have seen no sign of baby blue shrimp in the tank. Is there any chance they will or have hatched. And will they survive?
thanks in advance :)

They would be extremely small and hard to see at this point in time. You will naturally have die off, but it shouldn’t be that extreme.

Oh sweet, thank you! I’ll keep the filterturned off in the shrimp tank

That wasn't eggs, Neocaridina don't lay eggs, they develop and hatch within the female.

You probably transferred poop.

Last edited:
That wasn't eggs, Neocaridina don't lay eggs, they develop and hatch withing the female.

You probably transferred poop.
Oh, I missed that part, I thought the OP said she saw 15 pellets on the shrimp. Good catch. :good:

My red cherry shrimps carry their fertilised eggs between the swimmerets rather than inside the body but they are not brown.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back