🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Moreece

Reaction score
Hi im new to the hobby can you help me
just wondering if Glass Bloodfins School with Neon Tetras

BlackMooriWFG_P1553_sm.jpg
Moreece

In MY experience...
No fish... not even neons will school unless theres a threat in the tank, such as a big predator - and you wouldnt like to arrange that, would you ?

No fish... not even neons will school unless theres a threat in the tank, such as a big predator - and you wouldnt like to arrange that, would you ?
i think your gonna get an argument with that statement

i find this completely incorrect. schooling in certain fish is also a natural thing as well as providing safety in numbers. if they were only to school when around large predators then why do the neons in my plant tank at my shop all school even though there is nothing else in the tank besides some snails? around 80 neons all schooling together. why is it that even in an all tetra tank with all fish the same size, they wll still school???? they may spend more time swimming around seperate to each other however they will also still school quite regularly. i could go on listing experiences with them or writing down website addresses talking about the schooling of neons and other well known schooling fish, but i cant be bothered at the moment. i would just say to research and read from many sources before accepting something as fact

to answer the original question as im sure to author would appreciate, in a nut shell, no. ive never seen bloodfins school with anything else. they are even one of the least likely to school with each other IME. in most cases fish really only school with their own kind. there can be acceptions to this rule but not for the most part

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back