Will Cherry Shrimp Be Ok In This Community Setup?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

nurglespuss

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
DSCN0267.jpg

Hi all, I have paid to recieve some Cherry shrimp in Feb, and am just double checking they will be OK in this estup (if not I can setup a smaller one).

Its 106L, has a good flow of water around the tank (JBL e700 & e900 externals + 2 power heads).

It currently contains: 3 Corydoras trilineatus, 7 White cloud mountain minnows and a female bristlenose (along with pink ramshorns and an assassin snail).

Theres a nice big mature clump of Java moss for them to 'live in/on, its the reason why I'm getting them to help keep it detritus free.

All my fish are pretty peaceful, do you think they will get on OK?

I will also be adding more moss and some java fern before they arrive.

Cheers.

I'd imagine they'd be fine in there, all fairly peaceful imho. If your lucky, they might even breed - they are known to be prolific breeders.

That java fern is a lovely :good:

Cheers! Been growing it in a smaller tank for more than a year, now its in the bigger one its really hriving :) seems to enjoy really good flow.

They are going to love that moss!! How many are you getting? I started off with 20 this time last year and had around 500 within 6 months. sold them all now though. Your fish will keep the numbers under control a little, but as you say they are peaceful so I imagine your numbers will increase.

They are going to love that moss!! How many are you getting? I started off with 20 this time last year and had around 500 within 6 months. sold them all now though. Your fish will keep the numbers under control a little, but as you say they are peaceful so I imagine your numbers will increase.

Brill! :D

I'm getting 12 or so from someone on the forum, as its impossible to get them around here!

I can't wait, i love shrimp behaviour, and the colour!

Do you bother giving any additives/specific food for/to the shrip, or can they get by OK on their own? (My pH is 7.2-3 atm, and the water isn't mineral deficient at all).

Cheers!

I fed mine jbl prawn pellets which are meant to be really good for helping the skin shedding process due to balanced protein levels. I did not bother with mineral supplements or anything else. I would consider putting stockings over the filter inlet to stop shrimpletts getting sucked up. What temp do you have the tank at?

Should be good. I found mind bread better around 21 but 24 is still well within their range so that should be fine.

Most reactions

Back