🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

cynos

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Came hom to find my Bangai Cardinal looking like this
8191d1205172163-i-lost-my-bangai-cardinal-bangai-2.jpg

the above is not my fish but mine has the exact same fin damage, I have him in a net at the moment as i dont have a quarintine tank, will this fin grow back or is he slowly going to die? he's only a baby BTW, he'd only be about an inch
I assume my four stripe damsel done this to him as he's the only fish i've ever seen nipping at other fish and he does things like this all the tim(think its a trip back to the pet store with him tomorrow)

Sometimes yes, sometimes no... There's no formula to say if he'll re-grow it or not, your best bet is to just keep him well fed and as stress-free as possible :unsure:. Wish I had better advice, good luck

Sometimes yes, sometimes no... There's no formula to say if he'll re-grow it or not, your best bet is to just keep him well fed and as stress-free as possible :unsure:. Wish I had better advice, good luck
cheers
I'll leave him in the net over night as he seems happy enough there for the minute and if he's still alive tomorrow i'll get a breather net for him to live in till recovered.
and damel is getting bagged tomorrow mwahahahaha

Have fun catching the damsel..lol
Usually if its down to the tail base they dont make it. And he would do better in a hospital tank of some kind where you could treat him with some primafix which is excellent at repairing damaged fins.

Have fun catching the damsel..lol
Usually if its down to the tail base they dont make it. And he would do better in a hospital tank of some kind where you could treat him with some primafix which is excellent at repairing damaged fins.
Unfortunitly havent got a hospital tank setup at the moment, due to lack of spare heater and powerhead not to mention space in the apartment.
Have him in a breather net now and he looks happy enough as he's tiny and the net is huge and is eating frozen foods ok, his tail isnt all red like in the fish above so hopefully he lives.
if he lives and the tail grows bak i'll get rid of the damsel

You could also try "Melafix"; I have used it in the past with remarkable success. It is reef-safe and non toxic, so can be added to the main tank. It also makes the tank smell nice. :drool:

You could also try "Melafix"; I have used it in the past with remarkable success. It is reef-safe and non toxic, so can be added to the main tank. It also makes the tank smell nice. :drool:

might get some melafix tomorrow, hes still alive and happily eating loads of food without a bother on him, no sign of it healing up though.

Primafix is the bigger brother to melafix and is specially designed with treatment of fungus and fin rot. I used malifix for years to treat my tropicals until the new one came on the market. Primafix is a far superior product I found to melafix. I spoke to a few fish importers he said they use it all their new fish that look stressed and all said they had excellent results with it and wouldnt be without it.

Primafix is the bigger brother to melafix and is specially designed with treatment of fungus and fin rot. I used malifix for years to treat my tropicals until the new one came on the market. Primafix is a far superior product I found to melafix. I spoke to a few fish importers he said they use it all their new fish that look stressed and all said they had excellent results with it and wouldnt be without it.
never got around to getting any yet, but his tail is much better already, it was actually worse than the one in the picture above, I'd say he'll be back out swimming in the tank by next weekend at this rate yay!

Most reactions

Back