Will Any Odd Oddball Fit In My Currnet Plan?

SBL

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well, you can see my set-up in my sig. Still planning but, want to find an Oddball that can fit in. Would an Black Ghost Knife fit in?
Help me plz.

Thx, SBL

Bump. Want an oddball for the tank. Gonna need to upate my sig, gonna add USD Catfish.

I can't help but I can warn you that it will be a disappointing answer.

Mean by that? I just want an oddball that'll go in and be peacful and won't outgrow the tank. Will an elephant nose work if I can find one?

hmm with your stocking id say no to elephant noses from what ive read, have you thought about senegal birchir or hoplo catfish,i have both of these and there brilliant,also reed fish are great again i have one,

Was told Bichirs will bite fish for no reason
I got a Senegal and don't want him to eat the Columbians when older. Gonna add Hoplos to the list and reedfish.

How would some sort of spiny eel work? Maybe a Fire eel or a Tire track?

Regular Spiny eels generally won't grow over 6 inch in an aquarium and are peaceful.

Fire eel will eat your columbian tetras if it can catch them.
Senegal bichir WILL catch your tetras.

If I was to get a Bichir of any kind, it would have to be one that grows no more than 10 inches. I've read that Tire Tracks are the ones that eat fish, but Fire Eels may snag some small fish.

If I was to get a Bichir of any kind, it would have to be one that grows no more than 10 inches. I've read that Tire Tracks are the ones that eat fish, but Fire Eels may snag some small fish.

I can't think of a bichir which doesn't grow larger than 10 inches.

Bichirs if well fed usually aren't too much of a problem, but when it reaches 7"+ there's not much of a chance of your Tetras living.

Well, no Bichirs for me then. Gonna have Reedfish instead. I want atleast one Polypteridae, so Reedfish for me. Thinking of turning Cabinet into a QT type thing. Two 10 USGs on top, one 10 USG in middle, two 10 USG in bottom. Once this and 30 tall is stocked, gonna be home for fry. Gonna have Livebears in 30, along with angels, cories, cardinals, and glowlights. May be my own way to feed live with minimul risk. Will gutt feed though, and do it only once a week. Plus any survivors will be extra.

Reed fish do get pretty large and prefer to be kept in groups . IMO best thing to do is hang on until you get a larger tank then you will have loads of options. even a 55g would allow you to get senegal/ delhezi/ palmas sp .
i dont think the tank will be big enough to house reed fish as they can and do get in excess of 20" some going over 30". You could use youre tank as a grow if you can get another one for then it grows.

Most reactions

Back