Wilds

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Kapuas fry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just, just, just found them. I don't even know how old they are, I don't remember any males holding recently...the last was a few weeks ago and I thought he swallowed! Oh I could just die. I'm going to go catch one in a cup and take his picture. :hyper:

scratch the cupping idea...they scatter like crazy..
and they could be anywhere...
kapuastank.jpg

there goes one!

kapfry.jpg

awwww what a cute lil blur
:wub:

Congratulations Wuvmybetta! I agree with Splash, I can't wait for more pictures of those cute little frys :hyper:

Thanks! I'm so excited. I was just,not even TWO hours ago, saying to a friend that I want some mouthbrooder babies, and I had them all along! I never, ever look in that tank, I just feed them and go on my merry way. I don't know why I sat down with a flashlight to look around tonight- but I'm glad I did!

I'm stoked. I have two males, one wild caught, one tankbred, I wonder who the daddy is. I *thought* it was the wc who was last holding. Beats me. They're all so large it's hard to tell them apart. I just see them sitting in a group waiting when they know I'm feeding. I had even started to wionder if I had all boys.

Gleeeee! I'm just going to leave them in there.

Omigosh, awesome!! Congrats!!! :hyper:

that's awesome Kelly! Congrats! :mama:

Just wondering, how much are these Betta worth?

DD

psssh, ya never can tell, DD.
I know I paid 80.00 + for my wild pair, then the second pair was given to me.

I wonder how many there are, and I hope they do it again!

Thanks, Synirr! Babies!!!! :hyper:
I'm decapsulating bs as I type B)

I'm going to edit here as I don't want to bump my thread but I dooo want to ramble. These guys are so, so cute. I really wish I could see them better but that tub is darn near impossible to see through. I did just watch one swim up and inspect a motionless adult, which was cool. I saw three within moments of each other so that gives me hope for quite a few. They have full bellies so I guess they're eating the microworms I put in, amongst the bajillion of things growing in there amongst the leaves,plants and driftwood. They have lil anal fins and dorsals...I'm not sure if they get spat out like that though, or if they're a couple weeks old already.

^_^
Today I got an amazing pair of Simplex from Gerald Griffin. I missed his pre-Christmas visit when he came bearing fishy gifts, so he left them with another member of the club. They've exchanged several hands over the past couple weeks but finally found their way to me today. They're quite large, much bigger than the simplex I have...like 3X the size, so maybe I'll get lucky with these. I'll post pics when I get them settled in.

On an even happier note my lil kapuas are just darling. Thankfully they hang out under the "food hole" so I've been able to get bbs right to them. They're so cute :wub: I'm in love, freakin' love I say!

And after allll this time I finally figured out a space efficient way of keeping leftover bbs alive. I usually just dump it out and start fresh each night, which leaves me with a window of time that I don't have any bbs. Sometimes I pour it in a jar but it dies if I don't keep it aerated. So I put it (left it) in a coffee filter and stuffed it down into a cup with like half a teaspoon of water. They went into that suspended animation phase and they were all alive waiting to eaten this morning. I'll try it again tonight with straight tap water.

I'm just talking to be talkin' here. Don't mind me. ;)

ETA, some of you might find this interesting. Wally ordered a box of fish from Singapore, they're wilds and an attempt at helping Wally pay back his 1,000 trans-shipping fine from our October fiasco. It is said to hold
Betta Enisae
Betta Mandor (?)
B.Strohi
b.brownorum
coccina
and some imbellis
So, we should have those up on aquabid next week :thumbs: They're supposed to be in today, word has it that some have passed. I went up to meet him at a not so lfs earlier but apparently the box wasn't in yet. I'm excited and nervous. Dibs x1,000 on a pair of Enisae

congrats wuv!! :thumbs:
i was sooo excited to get my fusca (which are actualy jambi, i found out), and then mister had to jump out of the tank the first night i had him. mrs. is still doing great, though. one of these days i will get her a boyfriend, and maybe i'll get some mouthbrooder babies!!!! :wub:

How the heck did I miss this?! Congrats on the kap fry!!! Looking forward to more pics of them. Possible brownorum? I'll be checking Aquabid myself......... ;)

Thanks guys :)
I was just looking at them with a flashlight earlier and they're just like mini adults with the coloring and everything :wub: I've still only seen the three and they're usually pretty close to each other, so I'm guessing that might be all..? I so wish I could get pictures of them but it is virtually impossible to get a shot through that tub :sly:

I do have simplex pics but I haven't uploaded them to photobucket yet. I have a good feeling about these two, they were giving each other "happy hugs" as soon as I released them :hey:

MAM, the fish are in and as soon as we figure out what's what we'll list them. Once again they were re-bagged at customs so the labeled bags were chunked and we got a box of mysteries. I don't know why they do that!

ETA...
Simplex tank..
simplex2.jpg

"Make with the blackworms,lady!"
simplex.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back