Wild caught plakat

wuvmybetta said:
Naughtygirlrlw said:
Stupid humans!
[snapback]876063[/snapback]​
:lol: Exactly!!

On another note, I was astonished by my wilds yesterday. I keep all of them on the same row, and my smaragdina female and my simplex female are neighbors. I had moved my simplex pair a couple/few weeks ago into a spawn tank (yeah,right!). Lately I noticed my smaragdina female has been really sad and I didn't know why. As I was tearing down the simplex spawn tank (yeah,pffft!) last night it finally dawned on me that the smaragdina might just be missing her simplex best friend (I know, I'm corny).Turns out, that is exactly what was wrong with her. She literally lit up when I plopped the simplex girl back into her tank next door. It was so, so cute. She was sooo excited to see her :wub: :wub:

I have noticed with my males, they seem to remember each other. Some only flare when they are near a particular male. Or look depressed if they are moved away from a particular male. I guess everyone needs a friend.

Bettaman, here he is about ten minutes ago eating some brine ^_^
1wc41.jpg

So cute!! His color looks pretty next to the gravel :wub:

OohF~ I would LOVE that!! Trust me, I've thought a lot about a project like that.

I guess everyone needs a friend.
I agree with this. I let all of my boys see each other. It doesn't matter to me if it wears down their "flare factor" and makes them easy going, I just put them back in training a couple of weeks before show. Those who are going anyway...

EDIT~ Oh, and it turns out he is a "feral" betta :lol: What a rebel.

awwwww doesn't he look pretty..and happy.

Maybe he's thinking, "Well dang..I can't believe it, that green fella that has been starin up at me for so long... finally decided to quit following me around!!!" :lol:.

beautiful fish wuv, i'm in love
from the looks of things it's quite possible that it is a smaragdina/splendens mix, that emerald green is usually acredited to the "jewel of the isan" (or plakat keaw) smaragdina. looks bulky like splendens though, got that heavyweight fighter body shape.

I got word back from Gerald Griffin, who looked at him closely at the show with Bob Goldstein, and I was told they both agreed it was a splendens feral- cross between a wild splenden and a domestic that went native.

I suppose that explains his girth. :wub:

Jennie~
He's a happy camper and he owes it all to you :p

wuvmybetta said:
Jennie~
He's a happy camper and he owes it all to you :p
[snapback]876903[/snapback]​

Anything for the fishies lol :wub:

maybe he's an entirly new speices of betta all together... Betta Kelly....
-_-

:p
He's awesome Wuv :thumbs:

DD

thats not uncommon, most people iv talked to who keep wild caught fish say they arnt a whole lot of fun, they are pretty shy and dont appritiate company. maybe give him a female to watch. that'll cheer him right up i bet.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back