Wild Caught Livebearers

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

DerpPH

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hey guys I just caught a few wild guppies! Can you help me please? Im confused if thet are endlers or not? maybe a hybrid? I dont know? help pleas... heres a pic of them!

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 616
I dunno why you would get wild caught livebearers. They're so common... Seems kind of pointless to me.

Wild caught livebearers would be nothing short of a luxury here in the UK! They are pretty little things! Far more so than the eye assaulting range of mass produced obnoxiously bright livebearers we have!

it's not pointless  in the uk we got to pay for wild caught livebearers lol,
There is a family/ group of about 35 types of Livebeaerer speces and over 250 individuals.

Hey guys thanks... I am planning to crossbreed the females with moscow blue? Should I?

I'm jealous you could go out and catch these! Very nice. More photos, please!

Ok ill post some photos ASAP... Cant really post through iPhone though... When i get to use my pc ill post!

Personally I wouldn't be crossing them? How do you think we ended up with all the mass produced guppies we have today? Surely having a pure strain (maybe breeding to improve size, shape or colour) is more special? And you are lucky enough to always be able to introduce wild blood into your breeding groups to stop them becoming over bred.

I agree. I think it would be a treat to have pure strains of guppies. And I think yours are really pretty. Where did you catch them?

Agreed, just improve on their size and shape, the difference is lovely not something to breed away.

thanks... ok I wont cross breed though... Im from the Philippines and I caught these of a stream near my cousins backyard!

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 518
  • v.jpg
    v.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 514
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 507
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 514
TallTree01 said:
I dunno why you would get wild caught livebearers. They're so common... Seems kind of pointless to me.
You're nice and all but you can be a real jerk. Maybe he got them because he likes them, common or not. And catching them yourself seems so much more fun than going and buying them at the store.

I'd love to be able to dip a net nearby and grab some cool guppies!

They are not really common though! Out of about 500 we caught we only got about 50 of them to keep...

Most reactions

Back