Why Petco...why?!

GP

Orange
Reaction score
Well, to make this brief, Petco now orders Porcupine Puffers, which is a big argh for me because I want one so badly, and I went in to find one in the tank, frisky as ever. :) I wish I could have a 70-100 gallon in my house, he'd be here so fast. I was really upset though, he had ich, and a bad case of it. :/

Even though I've done copious amounts of research on these little guys, I was just wondering for clarification... and I know there are different species of Porcupines, but the general aquarium Porc is usually the most common. How big do they get and what is min tank size?

Porkies are known to be rather susceptible to ich.

In the wild porkies can get up to 18 inches long, but I have never seen them larger than 7-8 inches in captivity. 80 gallon tank is a minimum.

gp, whats up wit the bettas? Nice picie of PuffDaddy! Hes so cute! Anyhoo, go for the puffer! Sounds good! Nurse him back to healt, if he doesn't get stolen before you get him - tank cycled etc.

And then (if you get him) you gotta remember my piccietures!

Puffer_freak said:
gp, whats up wit the bettas? Nice picie of PuffDaddy! Hes so cute! Anyhoo, go for the puffer! Sounds good! Nurse him back to healt, if he doesn't get stolen before you get him - tank cycled etc.

And then (if you get him) you gotta remember my piccietures!
70-80 gallon...not for a while kids.. :sad:

Most reactions

Back