Why Me?

Mr._Fishy

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
964
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Colorado
This week hasn't been the greatest. On Monday, my severum got startled and broke my HOB filter intake tube off. She is fine though. At least I still have my canister. Then the next day at school I got a concussion playing football. Wednesday was going well until I had to feed my fish. I took a frozen prawn out of the bag and tried to break it in half. Being the master of the impossible, somehow when it broke it left me with an inch long gash that cut through all the the skin into the muscle tissue itself. The cut goes all the way around the inside of the middle knuckle on my right index finger. It is now bandaged, but hurts like hell and I can barely move my index finger due to the swelling. It is pretty hard typing without an index finger. Today when I was doing a water change, I dropped one of those glass hoods. It hit the corner of my bed frame and shattered. If anyone here has tried to clean broken glass out of carpet, they know it isn't easy. Why does this have to happen to me?!?!?
 
This week hasn't been the greatest. On Monday, my severum got startled and broke my HOB filter intake tube off. She is fine though. At least I still have my canister. Then the next day at school I got a concussion playing football. Wednesday was going well until I had to feed my fish. I took a frozen prawn out of the bag and tried to break it in half. Being the master of the impossible, somehow when it broke it left me with an inch long gash that cut through all the the skin into the muscle tissue itself. The cut goes all the way around the inside of the middle knuckle on my right index finger. It is now bandaged, but hurts like hell and I can barely move my index finger due to the swelling. It is pretty hard typing without an index finger. Today when I was doing a water change, I dropped one of those glass hoods. It hit the corner of my bed frame and shattered. If anyone here has tried to clean broken glass out of carpet, they know it isn't easy. Why does this have to happen to me?!?!?

So sorry you have had a tough go of it. Hopefully, it will get better soon.
 
Oh you are in the wars right now aren't you?? Hope things start looking up for you really soon, after all the only you can go when you hit the bottom is back up again eh??
 
Man that sucks... Everybody let's give him a great big group hug to make him feel better.


HUG​
 
Oh bless your heart, what a rough week. Hope everything starts looking up and take it easy for a few days!!!
 
Thanks guys, I think my luck has started to change. I just found out that piranhas are legal to have in aquariums in Colorado! I have wanted some for years, but I thought they were illegal. I inquired to a division of wildlife official as to the legality of keeping wimple piranhas as aquarium fish (as they aren't true piranhas) She said that as long as you don't release the species of fish that were mentioned as prohibited, you can keep them in aquariums! This was a division of wildlife official (she does all the special licenses stuff for Colorado), so I know she has her facts straight. So I guess the next fish on my list is a piranha. Not sure what species though.

Ryan
 
Sorry to hear you're having a crappy week. Just think though. It could have been worse. Your fish could have gotten hurt when it got startled and broke the filter. You could have had more than a concussion. You could have cut two fingers.
I'm not saying quit whining. I know everyone needs the feeling of support when they're down. Just trying to say stay positive. Don't get too bummed out. Keep your head up. Don't give in.
 
Look at it this way mate, tomorrow's Friday. Go out drinking...I'm sure that will help your concussion...

Or give you a new one, in which case you'll forget about the one from earlier... haha :lol:
 
Look at it this way mate, tomorrow's Friday. Go out drinking...I'm sure that will help your concussion...

Or give you a new one, in which case you'll forget about the one from earlier... haha :lol:

Hmm.... I might have to try both of those ideas :P

Ryan
 

Most reactions

Back
Top