Why Is My Water Always A Tint Of Green?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tlagden

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Is it that my nitrates are too high - i do regular water changes. Does edverybody have this it's only a slight tint not noticeable when in the tank.

Could be free floating algae, but if that where the case you would most likely have algae on everything else.

Mine is always yellow from the bog wood, only notice it when I pour it in a pure white bath though.

How high are your nitrates?

Aaron

Stagnent water turns green... Is there a sufficient flow of water in the aquarium... If filter/powerhead stops working, theres no water flow = stagnent water.

Could be free floating algae, but if that where the case you would most likely have algae on everything else.

Mine is always yellow from the bog wood, only notice it when I pour it in a pure white bath though.

How high are your nitrates?

Aaron

My Nitrate is currently at : 8mg/l - that okay?

A slight tint is nothing whatsoever to be worried about. There will always be some algae in your water -- spores travel in the air everywhere on the earth. A little algae is good! You are providing an environment conducive for life, which is great, since your fish definately need that. Keep up on the water changes, don't overfeed and do all the things you've been doing to get that tank in the good place it is now, and everything will be fine. My water is slightly green too, that is just a sign of life.

Most reactions

trending

Back