why go pressurized ???

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
aquatic-Bizkut said:
i have a 10 gallon tank with two florescent 20 watt bulbs (40 watts in total) but they are meant for home household use, not aquariums, so i dont know how much WPG you take off.......i was told i have about 2 WPG........is that right??

well i plan on having my tank pretty well planted (already have 6 plants in there, and with micro sword grass) so do i need CO2 in a 10 gallon?
[snapback]865968[/snapback]​

Start a new thread... thats not related to the subject of presurised CO2 systems...

hmm.....

anyways the tanks ph right now bounces between 6.8 to netural 7.5 when the yeast starts to run out. thats before i added baking soda to the tank, im gonna measure again tonight.....

thats why i want to go pressurized... consistent consisten!

i asked around and it would cost me roughly around 3500Php or around 60 USD for the whole kit i think... and refills cost too little to mention haha :D hmmm think think !!!!! it still hurst to churn out that sum of money :p heheeh

kenneth_kpe said:
im using a cyclone reactor right now.... hmm i didnt think of that,, good idead.. i should re do the reactor and increase water flow going into the reactor and see what happens
[snapback]865324[/snapback]​

You dont need a fancy reactor; just run the airline from your CO2 bottle into your filter intake; the impeller will atomize the bubbles and they will dissolve in seconds.

aquatic-Bizkut said:
i have a 10 gallon tank with two florescent 20 watt bulbs (40 watts in total) but they are meant for home household use, not aquariums, so i dont know how much WPG you take off.......i was told i have about 2 WPG........is that right??

well i plan on having my tank pretty well planted (already have 6 plants in there, and with micro sword grass) so do i need CO2 in a 10 gallon?
[snapback]865968[/snapback]​

With tanks under 30 gallons, the WPG rule doesn't apply (Small tanks need higher WPG, larger tanks need lower WPG). 40 watts is pretty good, though; your plants will have enough light.

WPG is just a rule of thumb; what actually matters is watts/surface area of the tank bottom.

i tried that before, i think it wont work as well because im using a hob, the hob splatter inside just doesn't diffuse the c02 too well.thats why i used a cyclone reactor .:)

yup WPG rule breaks up, in my 13 gal its running almost 5WPG and i dont think i would be able to grow high light plants to carpet my substrate thats why i used dwarf sag.. :) planted tanks are so complicated :look:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back