Why Do I Always Get This?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I'm afraid that I get the same result that you do. The "attached files" comes up as nothing but the label for me too. I have found in the past that when I happen to be a member of the other location where the attached files reside, I can see things that "non-members" of that site cannot see. I am with Lilfishie on this one. Use one of the friendlier storage locations like photobucket and everyone will be able to see what you have posted.
It is not you Carlovel1, many of us have exactly the same problem with that post. As far as I can tell, there are absolutely no restrictions on your rights here on TFF.

I always thought this was due to the file being too big, by this I mean the forum limiting the size of files attached. I'm not sure now. :lol:

The forum does indeed limit how big a file can be that is stored here, but links do not take any resources from TFF at all. They simply point to files in other locations Josh.
I have lots of pictures that are visible here that run over 60K bytes and are 800x600 pixels. The forum itself has no storage capacity for anything anywhere near that big but the pictures display well because they are actually stored in photobucket and all that TFF needs to store is a short line of text that points back to where the picture is really located.
Some places, like twitter for instance, do not allow non-members to view content. That means that a link to a picture in twitter shows up as a simple link rather than the picture to anyone who does not have a twitter account. If they happen to have a twitter account they will see the picture. Some percentage of pictures posted here by various members are links to sites where membership is required and thus look like nothing to those of us without accounts in those locations. I have sometimes examined the links and found it was a place that I would not mind joining. Right after I join such a site, the picture starts displaying as it should for me.

I'm afraid that I get the same result that you do. The "attached files" comes up as nothing but the label for me too. I have found in the past that when I happen to be a member of the other location where the attached files reside, I can see things that "non-members" of that site cannot see. I am with Lilfishie on this one. Use one of the friendlier storage locations like photobucket and everyone will be able to see what you have posted.
It is not you Carlovel1, many of us have exactly the same problem with that post. As far as I can tell, there are absolutely no restrictions on your rights here on TFF.
OK, cool.

Most people use photobucket to show photos anyway so not really a massive problem really. Just a silly question :fun:

Carl

yep me too i got the same screen , see carl its not just you thats hated its all of us :lol: i also use photobucket without problems

http://imageshack.us/ is much better than Photobucket in my opinion! :D

There was a problem with the permission settings for that forum - I have ammended it and you should now be able to see the attached images there :good:, I have updated it for all the classified sections, but please if on another section of the site where you are having problems viewing the attachments let me know and I will correct it :good:

No problems! There may well be other sections with incorrect permissions, so if you have a problem viewing attachments anywhere else let me know and I will get it sorted :good:

Most reactions

Back