Why Did My Cory Die!.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ThatFishyGuy

Reaction score
I Have just started a 60 Gallon tank about a month ago, and a week ago i added 4 albino cories and now one of them died! i want to know if this looks like something that happen to this one only or if my other ones are in danger too. I do weekly 25% water changes, and all my water parameters are perfect! pic323.JPG

Moved this to the emergency section, as you're likely to get more answers in here.

First question would be for more details, such as tank mates, what you mean by the water being perfect (trust me, we've heard several definitions and not everyone agrees on what perfect means) and what method you used to cycle your tank when you set it up.

Without more information the first thing that would always spring to mind would be ammonia or nitrite poisoning from an uncycled or partially cycled tank, hence the questions.

That looks like either septicemia or internal bleeding from a wound. What are the tank inhabitants?

I agree with atibones.

Sorry for your loss. R.I.P.

My eyes are not the best now i'm getting older but ulcers are usually pink, or red, with a circling of dead white tissue around the edges.
As they advance they rot away the tissue forming a hole.
Sadly seen many pics or corys like that. Even one of my own.

Does look as if it's barbels and a part of its tailfin is missing as well ???

Most reactions

Back