Why aren’t my bristlenose breeding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Benji k

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I have a 34 gal and my bristlenose just aren’t breeding I am breeding guppy’s in the same tank and ther is guppy fry. But I don’t think that would affect them I have caves I have Java moss around the bottom. Any way I can temp them to breed.

Unless you have an LFS or three on speed dial, you don't want your BN's to breed.

My 2 adults went into breeding overdrive....they and their babies (20+) went to the LFS....babies left behind have since also gone into breeding overdrive and I have lost count on how many have gone to the LFS (around 50+) and my substrate is still alive with them.....

Unless you have room for many many many aquariums you do not want them to breed.

There's never a problem selling BNs here. If you can raise them to 2 inches, they sell well to all stores.

All fish with suckermouths are adapted to current. So good filtration, water movement, good nutrition and room to move does it here.

There's never a problem selling BNs here. If you can raise them to 2 inches, they sell well to all stores.

All fish with suckermouths are adapted to current. So good filtration, water movement, good nutrition and room to move does it here.
Yeah it’s 33 gal sponge filter and hang on back and in getting another sponge filter

No I bought them as adults I’ll send photos
E025F622-9051-45B8-8288-29CDCBB6C2DF.jpeg
you can see the adult male and female and then a juvenile long fin and others and ther defenetly breeding size

Don’t really have best pictures of how big they are but ther breeding size

How many caves have you got in the aquarium?

They like to vanish into caves rather than hide under plants. Caves need to be well spaced apart and shielded with plants for privacy & security, Bristlenose can get quite territorial when in breeding mode and secure caves where they can spawn are essential

How many caves have you got in the aquarium?

They like to vanish into caves rather than hide under plants. Caves need to be well spaced apart and shielded with plants for privacy & security, Bristlenose can get quite territorial when in breeding mode and secure caves where they can spawn are essential
Yeah I have 2 I’m getting more tommorow

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back