whites tree frog

TreeFrogGuy105

Reaction score
i just got a whites tree frog yesterday. he seems to be ok but he doesnt move at all. i know he is nocturnal and wont move much during the day but he doesnt move at all for anything. i know he has ate since i got him because last nite i caught a couple moths and put in his tank and they were gone this morning. is it normal for him to be this inactive durring the day? this is my setup...

10 gallon aqurium
bark on bottom
a dish of distilled water
a fake tree like thing
a stick he could climb on
a 75 w lite outside his tank to help keep humid and to heat during day
i mist the tnak 2 - 3 times per day

and i think that its.

sorry were more of fish forum and aquatic amphibians, you could try household pet's someone might have them, anyways that is my favorite frog i always wanted one, but i think it's normal that they stay inactive never seen them move in stores or heard of them moving much and they are nocturnal

In addition to our numerous fish tanks, we also have a tree frog. It is pretty low-key during the day, but much more active at night. Yours could just be getting used to it's new environment. I'd give it a few days, but don't expect a whole lot of activity during daytime hours. Good luck, and if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

TreeFrogGuy105 said:
i just got a whites tree frog yesterday. he seems to be ok but he doesnt move at all. i know he is nocturnal and wont move much during the day but he doesnt move at all for anything. i know he has ate since i got him because last nite i caught a couple moths and put in his tank and they were gone this morning. is it normal for him to be this inactive durring the day? this is my setup...

10 gallon aqurium
bark on bottom
a dish of distilled water
a fake tree like thing
a stick he could climb on
a 75 w lite outside his tank to help keep humid and to heat during day
i mist the tnak 2 - 3 times per day

and i think that its.
i have one (my brothers, and i can tell you its super normal for them to act that way, also dont put the music too loud, cuz they will croack the head out of you ;), also he needs a flourescent light (acting as if it were the sun) and the red lapm to heat the tank :) just some facts, if you need more info PM :)

Most reactions

Back