White Wriggly Worm Type Things?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tw3lv3

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Im guessing its nothing to worry about but i have just seen little white wriggly worm thingsi n my tank they are about 3/4 of a cm long and have a slightly larger tip like a head of some sort but not much bigger so i dont think they are fry i only saw 2 and my angelfish have just eaten them lol so it might be nothing the only new additions to my tank were mayan snails and they were supposidly UV treated so they were supposed to be clean

IF they are something to worry about please elt me know if its nothing then just ignore this post

Cheers,
TW3lv3.

Try a Google for planaria and see if that is what you have. They are not a problem for your fish.

Were the worms free swimming or were they attached to the glass and ornaments? If they were free swimming they might be detritus worms. Planaria are attached to the glass and such.

If they are indeed detritus worms, they are a sign that your tank is dirty and may need several waterchanges with gravel vacs. Granted they are present in most aquaria, but not in the numbers needed to be noticed easily.

They were free swimming but there were only 2 of them and the fish ate them lol only noticed them because i was sat infront of the fishtank checking oer my fish to make sure they were all ok no ich ect the usual checks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back