White Covered Hole In Tail

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mylesmom08

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My honey gourami has a hole in his tail. Like, I can see the other side of the aquarium through it. It started off as a white dot, almost like ich but only in the one spot. It kept growing and started to look like pimple. The other side of his tail wasn't affected until it started to get bigger and pushed through his flesh. During the first week I treated it as ich with 'Ich Guard Tablets' and daily water changes. Nothing changed and it got bigger so I stopped the ich guard and started Seachems paraguard, with 3x weekly water changes. Again, it grew and nothing changed. Now I am using Api General Cure powder (parasite treatment) and water changes to no eval.  I've been adding extra garlic guard and vitachem to his food, along with Kanaplex or Metro/Focus powder for bacteria and immune boost. 

I worry now that hes just going to meet his fate due to this hole eating away at his tail. He eats just fine and swims good, but not as well as when I first got him a few months ago. I did get him from a.. 'no-no' store and am aware of dwarf gourami disease and the connection of those stores and the high rate of their infected gouramis. But its only his tail affected and none of my other fish he was with have any signs of disease, even after I moved him to quarantine. Could it still be DGD?

I cant get pictures, I don't have a smart phone or a camera. Its a 45 gallon, 0/0/5 (A/N/N reading), with 2 angelfish who leave him alone, and a small mix of corydoras (theres no overcrowding or anything).

Any ideas?

Doesn't sound like DGD.

Really think it's bacterial. I'd treat it seperated from your other fish !!!

Thank you - I did seperate him, but I think the stress killed him in his weakened state. RIP Buzz :(

Most reactions

trending

Back