White Algae After Water Change

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

bayaan.bawab

Reaction score
hey guys today I did a water change 50% of my 5 gallon tank. I simply scooped out some water and then added new fresh conditioned water in. normally when I clean my tank or do a water change the water gets cloudy and goes away in like a day or two. however today something hew happened, there is new WHITE algae on my aquarium walls. but like I donā€™t what this is is it dangerous? Is it just ugly, or harmful to ares (my veiltail male betta) what should i do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 68
Sometimes during a water change snails can get upset and leave trails, if you have any snails. Other than that they could be tiny white worms called Planaria. They arenā€™t harmful, they will go away on their own. Try looking closely with a magnifying glass if you can, they may be little worms. They are very common in aquariums.

Is it algae, hydra or planaria?

Do you normally gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
If not, it could be sediment that got stirred up when you added the new water.

It could also come out of the filter.

Ok thanks! Ares seems not harmed and no I donā€™t use a gravel cleaner I actually was supposed to borrow one this week but I forgot.

You can make a gravel cleaner from a plastic drink bottle and garden hose.

Get a 1, 1.5 or 2 litre plastic drink bottle.
Cut the bottom off the bottle and throw the bottom bit away.
Remove the cap and plastic ring from the top of the bottle and throw those 2 bits away. Put the plastic bits in the recycling bin.
Put a garden hose in the top of the bottle and run the hose out the door onto the lawn.
Gravel clean the tank and drain the water onto the lawn or into a bucket.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back