The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Which to get?

• Total voters

clay

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am trying to decide which to get for my 55 gallon planted tank. A set of metal halide lights or a canister filter such as fluval or something. Please choose one and explain why in a post. :rolleyes:

I'm no expert and I don't pretend to be but the answer would surely depend on what you currently have set up?

djl08 said:
I'm no expert and I don't pretend to be but the answer would surely depend on what you currently have set up?

I would agree plus what specific type of setup you would like?
If going planted lighting is dependent on if going low or high tech. Even if going high I don't think there is a need for a metal halide.

Agree with Mark, MH lighting is great when you are running a high tech tank, but then MH normally run alongside T5's as 150w of MH is normally to much for no more than a couple of hours.

Currently I am running a low tech with a marine land t5 light strip with 2 daylight bulbs. I plan to go high tech soon. I have a marineland biowheel filter on it right now. The only reason I asked is because of the lights and the filter. My lfs has a $400 set of mh lights for sale for only $150. They also have a few large canister filters for sale at lower prices. Im trying to decide which to get for future purposes. Also what is the mistake that DJH584 is refering to?

LOL. I think he typed something in error and just erased it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back