Which Should I Choose For My 13 Gallon?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DerpPH

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just wanted to ask which fish you would recommend me.
Im choosing from 6 types of fish to put into my future planted tank

I choosing between:

Furcata rainbows

Celestial pearl danios

ruby barb

Cherry barb

Threadfin rainbows 

or Lampeyes

Need replies pls

CPDS are awesome looking and probaly would fit well in there.

ncguppy830 said:
CPDS are awesome looking and probaly would fit well in there.

Great. But how do they fare with shrimp?

I agree the danios all the way. They're fine with shrimp. :)

TallTree01 said:
I agree the danios all the way. They're fine with shrimp.
smile.png

thanks fr the quick reply

danios are great.....they like schooling. Should have more than 3-4 as schooling. 

how about for forktaILS? WILL They get along?

I think this may help you too. If you go to Foster and Smith.com....look on the page for compatible fish and not compatible fish. I used it for myself alot. It helped me. Just a thought

http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/fwcompatibility_chart.cfm

Freshwater & Brackish Compatibility Chart

Tank mate compatibility is crucial to a successful and healthy marine aquarium. Incompatible species will increase stress in the tank which could result in disease and considerable loss. Use the chart below as a guideline when selecting fish and please read our article "Introducing New Fish Into Your Aquarium" before making your fish selection.
Remember, no guarantees can be made about the compatibility or incompatibility of any particular species of fish. Also, particular species within a group of fish vary in temperament and may not correspond with the guideline below.
Y = Yes, Generally Compatible
C = Can co-exist with Caution 
N = No, Not Compatible
g_fw_compchart.gif

Aright.......night all. welllllll its morning. LOL

Danios are really atractive and interesting fish, so I say go with the CPDS

Thanks beckettlady! Anyways my planned stocking:

6 forktail rainbows
6 CPD
Several orange rili shrimp

DerpPH said:
how about for forktaILS? WILL They get along?

They grow way too big for a 13G tank and prefer to be in big numbers. I've got 8 of them and most males have easily grown to 6cm already. Females are smaller. Required temps are between 24-26C, hardish water.

I have 9 CPDs in a 13 (US) gallon tank with some shrimp and they all get along great (CPDs have even produce fry), they are very inquisitive and explore everything so worth having some decor in therefore them to explore.  The CPD are tiny though and look lost in a 13usG tank...they are TINY! They like to have a 'safe house', mine use a set of rocks towards the back of the tank.

My experience is that they are difficult to feed as they not only have tiny mouths but they only feed at certain levels and do not spot food easily so worth having a clean-up crew. I look forward to the pictures!

214jay said:
I have 9 CPDs in a 13 (US) gallon tank with some shrimp and they all get along great (CPDs have even produce fry), they are very inquisitive and explore everything so worth having some decor in therefore them to explore.  The CPD are tiny though and look lost in a 13usG tank...they are TINY! They like to have a 'safe house', mine use a set of rocks towards the back of the tank.

My experience is that they are difficult to feed as they not only have tiny mouths but they only feed at certain levels and do not spot food easily so worth having a clean-up crew. I look forward to the pictures!

yah... I gots my shrimps to do that! And I plan to have a pearlweed(C. macranthemoides) as a carpet pllant. So their potential eggs will hatch.

So heres my new stocking!:

5 CPD
5 Werneri threadfins
5ish snowball shrimp

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back