Which Set Up For This Magic Jet Filter?

alysonpeaches

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am running my filter like this, but with no end cap on (its lost):
filter002.jpg

Would I be better with it set up as in diagram 2 or 4?
filter001.jpg

Should I use this gizmo instead of the the spray bar?
filter003.jpg

For plants, set-up 2 would be best; less surface agetation thus less C02 drive off :good:

For fish, set-up 4 or the one you have will be best; plenty of surface agetation and C02 drive off, coupled with increased oxygen up-take :nod:

When growing plants in a fish tank, there will always be trade-offs to be made if you stock fish also. In a lowly stocked tank, I'd use set-up 2. In a heavily stoked tank, set-up 4 would be a safer bet :good:

All the best
Rabbut

For plants, set-up 2 would be best; less surface agetation thus less C02 drive off :good:

For fish, set-up 4 or the one you have will be best; plenty of surface agetation and C02 drive off, coupled with increased oxygen up-take :nod:

When growing plants in a fish tank, there will always be trade-offs to be made if you stock fish also. In a lowly stocked tank, I'd use set-up 2. In a heavily stoked tank, set-up 4 would be a safer bet :good:

All the best
Rabbut

This filter is running so noisily, despite being taken apart twice, Im going to use another (after all that!). The head is making a vibration noise, impeller etc been cleaned twice no joy!

I am now trying a spare clearseal I happen to have.

sounds like there is a crack or breakage on the impeller, happened to me once before with this model,

The magi filters are very good considering their cheap price, when i used mine i replaced the standard contents with a load of eheim ceramic media, it worked great.
IMO they are pretty much fluvals at half the price.

Most reactions

Back