Geordiehc

Reaction score
Currently i have a 90 litre tank with the following

8x neon tetras
8x harlequins
1x Gibbicus
4x peppered corys
2x Yamato shrimp

In the coming weeks we will be upgrading to a 250 litre tank and i really want a special breed of fish and i love how beautiful killifish are so have my heart set on them.
Which killifish would be suitable too live alongside peacefully with the rest of my fish? And it has to have bright colours too as my wife and daughter love the pretty ones lol.

from what i have read about killifish, they're best in a species only tank. they are better in a tank with their own species of killifish too so you shouldn't mix two different species of killifish. the females don't have much color for most of killifish species.

Coincidently I am looking to give away some Killifish: Fundulopanchax gardneri, as I am taking the tank down.

I have 3 males and 1 female which live peacefully with neon tetra. The males. They will not breed with other fish in their tank, whether this is due to the eggs being eaten, or that they do not feel comfortable to breed I am not sure. I have had them breed successfully in a species tank.

They are a few years old however, and the species is recorded to live 2-3 years, hence being free.

Coincidently I am looking to give away some Killifish: Fundulopanchax gardneri, as I am taking the tank down.

I have 3 males and 1 female which live peacefully with neon tetra. The males. They will not breed with other fish in their tank, whether this is due to the eggs being eaten, or that they do not feel comfortable to breed I am not sure. I have had them breed successfully in a species tank.

They are a few years old however, and the species is recorded to live 2-3 years, hence being free.
fancy a drive to Redditch? lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back