Which Gourami?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

geordieelvis

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys, fairly new to the hobby and I was looking for advice. I am looking to complete my community in the next month or so and would like to finish off with a pair of Gourami, what would you recommend for the following set-up and tank mates??...
90 litre Fluval tank, constant 25 degrees, ph 7-7.5.
4 zebra danios , 4 cherry barb, 4 panda corys and probably 1 Clown Pleco who should be arriving soon!

I would say Pearls, but they generally need a bigger set up.
Unless you went with a single pearl, but in my experience with Danios and Gourami is that the danios are to fast and the Gouramis don't like it and become aggressive.

You could look into Honey's or Dwarfs in you want a pair. And there are probably others, I just know the common ones.

Agree with KrystaK and Shelster. Smaller Gouramis may be the way to go. Your tank is a bit small for a fully grown Pearl pair, plus a rule of thumb for your tank is to have 1 inch per gallon (and I've been reliably informed that we use US gallons!) so that would give you 23 inches of fish.

Currently you have around 18-20 inches of fish near or fully grown so you probably could squeeze in a couple of dwarf Gouramis.

The honeys look real nice, am I right in thinking you can get red or yellow honeys??

Love them, gonna do some reading up on these and I reckon a pair of yellow honeys will be mine within a few weeks! Thanks for the advice guys ;)

:D I would suggest start with two females and a male ;)

I've got two lovely coloured Male Neon blue Dwarf Gourami in my well planted tank, they don't fight at all (a bit of occasional chasing) but make sure you buy both at the same time "tank mates" and ensure that they are of equal sizes to reduce chances of domination issues.
NeonBlueDwarfGourami2.jpg

(not my fish but a similar likeness)

Sorry Ruskull!! There, I double checked that time. :D

Most reactions

Back