Which Fishies

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

: )

Reaction score
Hey guys! While I am waiting for my tank to cycle (thanks for the info on how to do this :good: ) I am trying to come up with an idea on what little fishies I should have in my 100 litre / 27 gal tank, there is often very confusing or even contradictory advice on different websites so if I just say my favourite fish could you please come up with the best combo.

1. Guppies
2. Platies
3. Swordtails
4. Tiger Barb ~ (have read I would need 6 to stop them nipping fins of other fishies)
5 Killfish either Amiet's Killfish, Steel-blue Aphyosemion, Striped Aphyosemion or Walkers Aphyosemion. I think these are the most stunning fish but I can't find much info on them atall, and I havent seen them in the pet shop, are they suitable or really expensive?
6. Zebra or Coolie Loach
7. Neon or Cardinal Tetra
8. Red-Tailed Black Shark, it says in my book they are quarrelsome if there isn't hiding places, will 1 be OK with lots of ornaments and plants? ~ I wouldn't have chosen this one but my friend who has an aquarium says it would be OK and they are really nice looking fish
9. Glass Catfish, looks so cool!
10. 1 large feature fish like angelfish or discus, probably not possible is it?

I know I can only have a few out of that selection but maybe you could help narrow it down, the problem is every time I go and look at them I fall in love with more hehe the rasbora are really starting to grow on me aswell now :huh:, I'm starting to think about larger tanks before I even have my 1st fish :look:

hmm, well here is a quick suggestion:

10 Neon Tetra or Galaxy/Firework Rasbora
5 Guppies
3 Khuli Loaches

and maybe something like a Dwarf Gourami or a single Kribensis as your feature fish.

That would probably be pushing the stocking a little imo, I think that would be your maximum, and of course remember to add fish slowly once you have cycled the tank.

Also, you might want to tell us if you have hard or soft water and the pH. Oh, and another thing that might make a difference is, what are the physical dimensions of the tank?

Good luck with the new tank. :)

EDIT: Spelling.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back