Which Corys Do You Have?

[/quote]

I just viewed your pictures and wanted to write while the house is quiet, it wasn't earlier today. I bought my first corys today: the store only had 3: small, med, large. I picked the medium and large and one looks like your first picture and the larger one must be what they call bronze. I'd send a picture but need help from a family member to do it. Mine were $4.50 each, wondered if this is a typical price for a cory. They're calm and friendly, which is good, all my fish get along well. I did not realize there were several kinds until I saw your pictures. I tried to see other pictures too, but looked quick because I'm doing chores at the same time while watching the dog, he didn't feel well last night. But they seem to be perfect community fish.
[/quote]

i get my corys for $2.29 or $3.00

I just viewed your pictures and wanted to write while the house is quiet, it wasn't earlier today. I bought my first corys today: the store only had 3: small, med, large. I picked the medium and large and one looks like your first picture and the larger one must be what they call bronze. I'd send a picture but need help from a family member to do it. Mine were $4.50 each, wondered if this is a typical price for a cory. They're calm and friendly, which is good, all my fish get along well. I did not realize there were several kinds until I saw your pictures. I tried to see other pictures too, but looked quick because I'm doing chores at the same time while watching the dog, he didn't feel well last night. But they seem to be perfect community fish.

Those are all good prices for corys! generally, the green and peppered are lower in price, but i've paid over $4.50 for more than half of mine :)

DSCN0628.jpg

here are my 7 cories. (can't believe i got them all in one shot) plus a few other crazy fish of mine :lol:

(left going clockwise) my baby sterbai, gomezi, other baby sterbai, green, julii, peppered, and my new baby panda :wub:

Today we have bought 6 peppered corys. At the moment they are in the 35l QT and will be for the next two weeks before going in to the main tank.
They certainly are characters. I used some of the gravel from our main tank to line the bottom of the QT and as soon as they were put in the tank, WOOSH, straight down to the bottom foraging for food.
Brilliant little fish.

No piccies as yet - perhaps some in a couple of days as I want them to settle down in their temporary new home.

David

10 Huge breeding peppered Corys (Corydoras paleatus)
10 Juvenile Albino Corys (Corydoras aeneus)
5 Juvenile Axelrods Corys (Corydoras axelrodi)
11 Juvenile Gold Laser Corys (Corydoras sp. (Cw010))
6 Adult Salt and Pepper Corys (Corydoras Hasbrosus)

(Plus a further 60+ Juvenile Albinos)

Corydoras sp.(CW021)
Corydoras sterbai
Corydoras weitzmani
Corydoras araguaiaensis

I currently have 2 Albinos and 2 Green Corys.  The Albinos are super hyper compared to the greens but they set each other off nicely.  The different kinds school together well.

Attachments

• phpg2KLuwPM.jpg
    phpg2KLuwPM.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 94
  • phpg7CHa0PM.jpg
    phpg7CHa0PM.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 88
Adolfo - stunning
Albino - and yes crazy
hehe.gif

Pandas - so cute and busy
Peppered - my oldest, plus some newbies added recently
Robinae - big and flighty

Plan to get six of each of the Black Venezuela and Orange Lazer for my new project (once it is mature of course).

widgetuk said:
In my lfs today i saw 3 cory Adolfoi @ £8.50 each only 1 1/4 long is that expensive
no snap them up , im after some my self but seems hard to get them , was hoping someone on here bred the adolfoi , i found some one on my door step selling sterbai , so was chuffed to bits with that

leeds4prem said:
In my lfs today i saw 3 cory Adolfoi @ £8.50 each only 1 1/4 long is that expensive
no snap them up , im after some my self but seems hard to get them , was hoping someone on here bred the adolfoi , i found some one on my door step selling sterbai , so was chuffed to bits with that

Agreed, grab them, I paid £10 each for mine, and my local LFS has them for £20 each!  They are one of my favourite Corys.  Do you know how long they have had them in, and whether they were wild caught?

Adolfoi, Duplicareus, atropersonatus, venezuelanus, gold laser, trilineatus, Pygmy, C90 , black schultzei, weitzmani

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back