Which Color Discus Do You Like?

Blue diamond gets my vote. :good:
I think you will find that everyone will have a different opinion. Especially that there are so many wonderful colours to choose from :drool:

CHEERS
Thommo
 
Red Leopard, Red Tiger (at the bottom), Scribbled Red and Candy Apple Red are all nice IMO. Can you tell I like the Red verieties ? :lol:

On a more serious note though Your planed tank isn't large enough for Discus so I sincerly hope you don't get any :sad: They need a tank of at least 4ft long and 2ft tall. Wideth depends on decor, but 1ft would be minumum, 2ft being best if you are planting the tank :nod:

All the best
Rabbut
 
i like the red leopards a lot.
in terms of tank size, i've heard many things.
i value your input (that the tank is too small) but i've kept and am keeping discus in there before and they all did great.

Some one told me that when keeping discus, you can fallow all the rules and have no luck,
or you can break all the rules and have all the luck.
this is not to say you can't fallow rules to have luck.

I've had my share of each.
 
While I appreciate many keep fish in cramped conditions, Discus should get Dinner plate sized. Can you picture 5 dinner plate sized fish swimming in your current one comfortable? If the past ones diden't get to at least 8", it proves my point of it not realy being big enough, as they stunted :sad:
 
i'm getting a bigger tank for them soon.
i agree 40 gal would be too small for even 1 adult.
the new tank will be at least 75 gal.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top