Which Canister

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Man of fish

I'm Interested in.... ----|> that
Reaction score
Deciding between keeping my 2 year old eheim 2226, buying a new eheim 2215, a new Rena xp3 or a marineland c-360 (tetratec ex-1200) for my new 55 gallon. Help appreciated.

I've never used any of those filters, but I have a fluval 406 running my 55 gallon and it does great, very easy to work with too

EFX 400 or EFX1200/1200u (AquaManta) or TetraTec... same difference

I think I've decided to go with the Rena. It's the cheapest and I've had some good recommendations for it. So unless anybody has a valid reason not to in the next few minutes, Rena it is!

Dude, you knew I was going to rec. the Rena XP3.  I bought a used one from craigslist and it works great.  I was originally going to get the Marineland (Tetratec) but the specs were better on the Rena as far as flow is concerned.  I've also heard a few horror stories about the tiny gaskets being a pain between the media baskets in the Tetratec/Marineland canisters.  Never ended up getting one of those so I have no idea if that's a real concern or not.

Oh, and Zach's 55 gallon is a bit understocked, but he runs an XP2 on that tank which we bought new from Amazon.  The XP3 will be that much better.

Credit to FishFanatic04, Oldman & AlmostAwesome for convincing me that the Rena Filstars were the way to go.

Yep! Expected delivery is Wednesday, so hopefully I can start running this tank by Friday or Saturday.

Most reactions

Back