which are parental fish

Hi Steve-O. I don't speak from personal experience on this, but from everything I have seen and read, the kribs (kribensis) are one of the few aquarium fish that practices parental care. Actually, I think that most of the cichlids do, but kribensis are sometimes classified as beginnerish fishes, whereas I don't think many other cichlids are.

I' m going to give you some links so that you can familiarize yourself with this fish because there are some things that you will need to provide for if you decide to buy a pair and breed them. They need space, and caves, few or no tank mates, a neutral pH (affects sex of fry), etc. I hth.

Fish Profile Kribensis

Kribensis

www.thekrib.com

I'm sure you can find lot's more info on other sites, and someone is always waxing nostalgic over their krib days on the forums.

Maybe someone can even suggest a fish other than the krib, but this is the only one that comes to mind right now for me. Good luck! :D

Another fish for you would be the Betta. The male takes care of the babies. I think gouramis will also take care (not sure) as they are bubble nest builders too.

My angel fish were when they spawned. They were ready to take off my finger :eek:

Bristlenose cat fish are good parents, well the male is, the female just abandons them, I sometimes understand her reasoning behind this :lol: . My dwarf cichlids were good parents, as were my angels, bettas and gouramis.

yep id agree i had a siamese fighter that looked after the bubble nest but the femal did like to munch on the little fry so probably good to have them seperate.

Most reactions

Back