Where To Put My Tetras...

Loony Fish

Fishaholic
Joined
May 12, 2008
Messages
698
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Mars.
Hi all,
I have eight 2cm long black skirt tetras in my 12 gallon. I want to move them so i can breed rams. The options are for tanks are:

20 gallon with 2 other blackskirts (the parents), 1 baby rainbow shark and 4 platys. this tank has filtration for up to 40 gallons.

40 gallon with 4 baby discus (soon moving to my 90 gallon to join the school), 1 rainbow shark, 1 dwarf gourami, and 4 congo tetras. this tank has filtration for up to 55 gallons.


THANKS for the help!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I forgot to say that the water stats were the same in all the tanks.
 
The rainbow shark will be a problem, won't it?
If you were to move your baby discus to the 90g, first of all what's the stocking of that so we know if you moved the tetras over into the 40 and the discus to the 90, you won't be overstocked.

(Why not just move 'em now? :S Predators?)
Anyways, if the baby rainbow shark in 20g is still small, can't you move the 8 into the 20g?

It'd be, 10 BST, 4 Platies, 1 Baby Rainbow shark.
Platies --> 40gallon?
 
I like that idea, maybe.
I don't move the discus now as the babies are only 2 inches and one of the big ones s the size of a diner plate. I'm worried they'll hurt the babies.
 
LOL! Nice comparison. Good laughs out of it, too.
When are you planning to move them? Also, is the rainbow aggressive? Size?
 
the shark in the 40 = 5 inches, I've seen neons more aggressive

the shark in the 20 = 2.5 inches, moderately aggressive
 
By personality, right? It's not that aggressive? Shockerr.
How are the platies treated by the baby?
How're the congo's treated?

Just ignored? I'd go with the 40g plan, just try getting the discus out, asap. (But hey, patience for growth,)
 
yup. the sharks ignor all the fish most of the time.

Maybe i should split them up untill i can get them in their long term home?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top