Where have all the Guppys gone?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ditchwitch

Reaction score
:hyper: My Fancy Guppies are disapearing one by one. The suspects are 2 Zebra Danios, 1 African Cichlid, and 1 Red Minor Tetra and lets not forget about the Chinese Algae Eater. Any ideals? :crazy:

What sort of fish is this "African Cichlid", given that it could be one of several thousand possible species?

If its a mbuna, "Lake Malawi" cichlid then I'd expect it to eat anything it could get in its mouth. OTOH, a CAE could also take a nibble if he was a largish fish.

I think you need to decide if you're keeping African cichlids, or if you're keeping guppies. The two are not compatible.

My money would be on the Cichlid too.

The Cichlid is a baby about 1 to 2 inches long. Not sure what type it is. It was a given to my son by a friend two months ago. B)

Ditchwitch said:
The Cichlid is a baby about 1 to 2 inches long. Not sure what type it is. It was a given to my son by a friend two months ago. B)
It could still be eating your guppies - many species are piscavores (fish eaters), and many more fish will eat guppies, mistaking their tails for brightly coloured lures.

You really need to identify that fish. Could you send a photo?

Most reactions

Back