Where do you get your Fishtank stands and your fishtanks?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I've the 3x4 Kallax. It's bracketed to the wall but still has slight movement. Definitely add additional brackets. Put tank in the centre. The top is a decent solid piece - though if you lay the unit sideways to have 4 across and 3 up then it's more stable & at a better viewing height.

I found this post by searching for 'Kallax' as I'm thining about putting a tank on one.
We have a 3x4 cube ikea Kallax and I'm going to put a 15g tank on top. But I started donig the math and realised the tank will weight ~75kg when full. I will use some brackets to secure the Kallax and prevent side to side movement.

Anyone have other tanks on ikea furniture? Am I going to end up with water on the floor and a smashed tank??

I found this post by searching for 'Kallax' as I'm thining about putting a tank on one.
We have a 3x4 cube ikea Kallax and I'm going to put a 15g tank on top. But I started donig the math and realised the tank will weight ~75kg when full. I will use some brackets to secure the Kallax and prevent side to side movement.

Anyone have other tanks on ikea furniture? Am I going to end up with water on the floor and a smashed tank??
You realise the Kallax is veneer over cardboard?

I've the 3x4 Kallax. It's bracketed to the wall but still has slight movement. Definitely add additional brackets. Put tank in the centre. The top is a decent solid piece - though if you lay the unit sideways to have 4 across and 3 up then it's more stable & at a better viewing height.

Mine is fairly wedged in an alcove. The tank would sit in the middle above the two vertical supports. I feel like with corner brackets and then L brackets fixing it to the wall it would comfortably support my weight, which I suppose wouldn't be much different from the tank.
kallax.jpg

Though I've seen the images of the inside... @kwi
inside kallax.jpg

Reactions: kwi
Mine is fairly wedged in an alcove. The tank would sit in the middle above the two vertical supports. I feel like with corner brackets and then L brackets fixing it to the wall it would comfortably support my weight, which I suppose wouldn't be much different from the tank.
View attachment 117513

View attachment 117512
You've got your's the stronger way up, so the weight is supported by the sides, turning it over the weight is then supported by the fixings, which probably aren't rated for shear forces.

View attachment 117513

View attachment 117512
I think extra wall supports will help. Go for it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back