Where Can I Get Large Sponge Filters Online?

How large are you looking? You may be better off building your own, I build my own using 4" cubes of sponge.
 
How large are you looking? You may be better off building your own, I build my own using 4" cubes of sponge.


15cm wide i guess, i tried getting sponge today though all i could get was thick sponge, i dont think it will work?

when i mean (thick) i mean its to heavy..
 
You want what is called open cell sponge. Open cell will not hold water like a car wash sponge, the water drains out. This allows water to flow through.

Off the top of my head, 15cm=6", or there about. You could use this for some home made sponge filters as long as it is open cell.

Check the marine or pond section for large open cell sponge, Mine comes 4"x12", and I cut it down.

dsc0103213of.jpg


dsc0108317kt.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top