Where Can I Get Bamboo For My Tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

hollyp0p

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I want some bamboo to top off the look of my tank, but so far I have only found really shoddy (and too short) imitations of bamboo.
Does anyone know anywhere I can get bamboo, instore...online....etc?

Would the local garden centre have some (if you meant the dead baboo canes? or did you mean live?) My missues uses it to prop up the plants in the garden.

Not sure how well it does in water all day though.. But you can always remove it.

Squid

thanks for all the help....i didn't even think about live bamboo, not sure thats a good idea though as my tank is only about 30-35cm tall.....and seeing as i can't have bamboo poking out...lol
I will give this some further thought.....maybe just go with other plants

I've been using bamboo in my tanks for years...

I used the large garden stakes - cut into sections to make 8" tubes for our plecs - not sealed just natural.

It takes ages to get it to sink and it does smell after a few days. it then grows slime on its surface and gives a film on the surface of the water after that.

All these clear up after a few weeks or so.

It deteriorates over time - slowly getting thinner and thinner - I need to re do ours soon as quite a lot of them are wafer thin now :)

I've been using bamboo in my tanks for years...

I used the large garden stakes - cut into sections to make 8" tubes for our plecs - not sealed just natural.

It takes ages to get it to sink and it does smell after a few days. it then grows slime on its surface and gives a film on the surface of the water after that.

All these clear up after a few weeks or so.

It deteriorates over time - slowly getting thinner and thinner - I need to re do ours soon as quite a lot of them are wafer thin now :)

Ah so the smell should be short lived?
I think I'd prefer dead bamboo for the look of it really.....I can probably pick some up at work :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back