Where Can I Buy Potassium Permanginate?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

loraxchick

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
as title suggests, where can i find potassium permanganate for treating fishy illnesses.
much appreciated.
cheers

I got some from Boots the high street chemist.

Little tip if you are going to do some serious walking or running soaking your feet in potassium permanganate will protect your feet, I have tried and tested :good:

Regards onebto.

I ain't seen this stuff for ages! Didn't know we could use it in the fish world. We used to use it in a clinic i worked in for drawing the puss out of boils!

thanks for the tips guys :) havent looked on ebay as need it fast. will have a look in the pharmacy. i also read that its used in pools to control pathogens (in addition to the chlorine). so will have a look there if i dont find it in the pharmacy.
as for fish treatment-its used on koi mainly for various treatments of illness (from parasites to bacterial infections). also as a pond treatment to keep algae at bay and the water sparkly clean.
used as an antimircobial (kills them out-rightly) as it is a great oxidizer-like hydrogen peroxide, only much more "dangerous".
wish me luck :)
thanks again
CHEERS!!

You might struggle to get it if you are in the UK cos a lot of places and wholesalers supplying pharmacies won't keep it or transport it cos it's explosive

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back