When Will My Guppy Give Birth

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Looks like about 2 days. Its up to you if you want to keep her in a net or just let her drop in the tank. I wouldnt worry to much at this point about moving her, I believe that she is too far along to abort.
I just let mine drop in the tank, i dont want to be overrun by guppies and i always have some survive.

she doesnt seem stressed in the net tank, just swimming around pecking at the netting

nope just checked, just lots of poop in the net, do guppys wait until the lights come on to give birth, or do they not bother when

still no babies so I have let her out of the net for today, maybe put her back in tonite or tomorow

I have never really noticed a real pattern to how my livebearers drop compared to light levels. Mine always seem to wait until I am gone for the day before they drop, but I think that is about being secretive rather than light levels. The lights in my tanks come on around lunch time and the drops happen sometime while I am away. The room the tanks are in has plenty of light long before the lights come on and even have light while I eat my breakfast and watch the tanks.

well she still aint dropped but doesnt seem to be getting any fatter?

yes,but i have 1 male and 3 females and one is pregnent.so i am not sure when so can someone help me.thx!

guppys.jpg my pregnant guppy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back