when to stop

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

amstar15

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
right now I believe I have somewhere near 25-30 various corals/mushrooms/zoo's. nothing is really touching in the tank. i want to continue to add new things to the tank, but i am unsure of what can touch not touch. you see aggressive/semi agressive and passive on the coral's information. but what exactly does that mean? take a look at my corals in my bio and see if you have any ideas. I would love to continue to add corals but I do not want to affect anything in the tank.

Hi..part of what the 'aggressive' description means is that it will either sting on contact or can extend long sweeper tentacles that can do the same. You just have to research it out. I recommend Borneman's book on Corals.

EG...Galaxea is not a good coral for the nano reef....has extensive long sweeper tentacles. You need at least six inches of distance from it. Some recommed the same distance for Hammer coral.

Organ pipe, however, is passive.

SH

Hey Newbie,
I'm new to this site but wanted to tell you that corals when near together will actually fight for space it is like fish fighting for territory.they will do this all the time. there are plenty of websites that will tell you all about these corals. one website that i really like and can also buy supplies/live fish/corals/inverts from is drsfostersmith.com they have professional marine biologists who work there and are really good and explain pretty much everything. good luck

Most reactions

Back