When the sleeper wakes...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Six Kuhli Loach added...and Dizzy's going nuts!
Nice. I love Kuhli loaches. Only kept them once (I think, it all blurs over time) and only had them for a short time before I moved and had to re-home them but they are great to watch (when they haven't disappeared).

Make sure they can't get into your filter intake....

Nice. I love Kuhli loaches. Only kept them once (I think, it all blurs over time) and only had them for a short time before I moved and had to re-home them but they are great to watch (when they haven't disappeared).

Make sure they can't get into your filter intake....
Thanks.
The tank has lots and lots of hidey holes, that some have already appeared to have claimed as 'home'.
The filter intake is covered by a sponge and I have a small piece of ladies tights/pantyhose over the outlet.
When I put them in, all six went up and down the glass, which got me freaked about my water, but testing suggested all was well and they all settled off the glass after 15 minutes.
They may or may not show themselves during the day, but I do have a blue and a red light setting for my LED and also red and blue cellophane for my torch.

The filter intake is covered by a sponge and I have a small piece of ladies tights/pantyhose over the outlet.
Brill!

I freaked out when I first got mine, thought I had lost two of them. Found them both chilling out in the bottom of my filter. Funny enough since then a pair of tights has always been in my collection of "fish stuff" :)

Several states in the US have banned moss balls because they can carry zebra mussel eggs. Can I suggest you try to find out whether your state allows them before you commit to buying ;)

Edit - this is the thread where I read it

Several states in the US have banned moss balls because they can carry zebra mussel eggs. Can I suggest you try to find out whether your state allows them before you commit to buying ;)

Edit - this is the thread where I read it
I'll assume that post was intended for @JennySolano ;)

Yes, sorry, I should have made that clear. (But there was a recent report on our local news website about zebra mussels being found in the River Tees, so we could find the UK implementing a ban on anything that could contain their eggs at some point in the future.)

I'll let your blog go back on topic now......

Yes, sorry, I should have made that clear. (But there was a recent report on our local news website about zebra mussels being found in the River Tees, so we could find the UK implementing a ban on anything that could contain their eggs at some point in the future.)

I'll let your blog go back on topic now......
No problem and it was an important point, but @JennySolano might've missed it.

Tinkering with the 'garden'...some of the plants have shot up, so they've been trimmed and the cuttings re-planted.
Anyway...kuhli loach are ace, being very active in a non-frantic way, chili rasbora are great little schoolers, as are the copper harlequin and the cherry barbs appear to be getting jiggy with it.

IMHO appears to be too many forums & sub-forums here. What’s wrong with titled threads?
Every thread has a title!
The idea of sub-Forums is to encourage people to make their post in the relevant place.

Most info about plants can be found in 'Planted Chit Chat', fish emergencies can be found in Tropical Fish Emergencies and anything to do with livebearers can be found in Livebearers.

If we only had thread titles, we'd need everyone to title their thread properly, and that often doesn't happen.
If I want to read about Livebearers, I don't want to have to be wading through a whole load of irrelevance about marine fish, or pets, or personal issues, or introductions, or metric vs. imperial measurements, etc..

This journal of mine is a good example of how easily things can get out of hand. Anyone simply wanting to read about the progress of my setting up of two tanks has to now wade through a whole load of guff that's neither use nor ornament and nothing to do with my tanks...this post being one of them.
Even for myself, looking for the names of the plants I've planted, I've had to scan lots of completely useless pages. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back