when do swords get their swords and

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
when do sword fry males have their swords start to grow? MY Black sword tail is about 4 months I think. I believe he was born in November or october. Dont remeber.

He is starting to get his color though, but no sword.

And, at what age do platties get their full color usually? My female plattie sword has yet to turn orange and she is the same age as the sword. She has a bit on her , but she is mostly gray.

My red painted swordie male started growing his tail at about 3 1/2 months (he was born Oct. 31). His 5 siblings are still undecided or are all females. Black swords from what I know take a lot longer to mature than other colors. I read somewhere that the black ones can take up to a year to mature.

I can't speak for platys but my swordies usually have their color within a few weeks of birth.

What color are the parents of your female?

well the mom was a red wag, and the dad was either a red or mickey mouse

I have a male sword who is the same size as my females (I bought him as an adult so unsure of the age) when I bought him 2 weeks ago his anal fin had just started to fold up....he had a small start to a sword....NOW....he has a 1/2 inch long sword and he has a proper anal fin....SOOO purdy :wub: He is a marigold wag sword (I think -_-) I keep inspecting him everyday watching his tail grow!!!

Now he is def a male he'd betetr start impregnating some of my girls!!!!

lol. He could have been a female turning into a male though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back