when black widows attack

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Tropicalfishfn

Fishaholic
Reaction score
See i just realzed after owning them for like 10 months that they act like here slow and lazy and laid back but there not. They attack there food and anything that fists in there mouth. They do it fast and act like there angry little guys. Like they did to that bee yesterday. They leave my neons alone but they attacked a bee. They are sooooo cool. There my army of my tank.

they protect others. It seems odd but they protect each other. of there species. and play woth eacjh other once in a while. Thye stay in groups. some like 2 of them are like loners

yes they are great :D . I got neonbs 2 days ago and there doing great and the black widows are leaving them alone and the rummy and the blood fin wich i only have on of those to cause the others past away a while ago. so they are schooling with my 7 neons and they love it. the black widows are amazing thye leave the other alone i thought they were gonna gte more agressive but they haven't which is awsome

I put Cherry Barbs in with my Black Skirt Testras(black widows) and they live peacefully together. I was a little worried, I thought they might pick on the smaller fish, but they don't!

Gabe

I call my black widows/black skirt tetras my "little pirhanas" because of the way they eat. :lol: Fondly, of course. :wub: They are such a contrast to my gouramis, who eat like little princes -- I can almost imagine them dabbing at the corners of their mouths with a napkin! :rolleyes:

My bw/bst are fairly quiet, too, when I come home from work, until I feed them, but I never realized that they have a secret life while I am at work. One day on a weekend morning I sat down and watched them. The four of them chased one another around the tank like MAD forEVER. The little ones almost seemed to attach themselves to the bigger ones as they darted all over the tank, a solid block of fish. It was CRAZY. They never bother the other members of the tank, but they go absolutely nuts with eachother!

So now I know why they are so quiet when I come home -- they're exhausted! :fun:

It's great you are enjoying your fish.

:lol: thats classic. They stay still like some animals do when hey attack to get food. I was suprised they do well with my neoms and other small fish in there. They also make there won little home in the tank They go all over but at night they go there and also thats were all the black skirts go. In one part of the tank. Some times they like to be alone and swim away from the others.

Theya re amazing fish

Most reactions

Back