What’s the lifespan of Cory cats? Anyone know?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JazzyV

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows what’s the lifespan of Cory cats?
I have found online mentioning anywhere from 3 yrs or 5-7. I’ve had mine for about 3 yrs and getting nervous about their age.

Thank you

They have one of the longest lifespans in the right hands, maybe 15 years.

Omg 😆 look what I found

3C580C11-C857-4999-BCD3-DEF7FFCC6FCB.png

scroll
Down to post below 🤣now why didn’t I learn to think out the box like that …I better get sharp lol

I mostly found 5 yrs around internet too…do you think that’s like the 80’s …like how bettas are with hardy topic back then more so than the bettas today …do you think their lifespan has been shorten for our modern day fpr corys too?

I hope not. With the knowledge pool on here we know what we need to provide. If we care for them to the best of our ability, we may be the ones bragging about 16 year old fish! :)

But plecos can live for 10 years or longer with proper care.

All species of Corydoras [exception being the "dwarf" species which naturally have higher metabolism) should live for 15-20 years and frankly beyond, if they are healthy and provided with what they need re their environment and good nutrition. Ian Fuller is an authority on this family, and he had one cory that lived for 40 years (acquired when Ian was much younger than he is now, in his early 70's just like me). I know my present group of cories have been with me for 12-13 years because I acquired them all in 2008-09, and I've no idea how old they might have been then.

Thank you so much…now I can stop scouring the internet off and on idk the last year or so. 🙏🏻

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows what’s the lifespan of Cory cats?
I have found online mentioning anywhere from 3 yrs or 5-7. I’ve had mine for about 3 yrs and getting nervous about their age.

Thank you
It was normally 40 I think
Maybe if you put it in fishy paradise it will live to 40!

🤞🏻I doubt I have stock for a 40yr lifespan…I kept an eye out for an entire year or more and the lfs never got a batch healthier than mine after my batch 😟

It was normally 40 I think
Maybe if you put it in fishy paradise it will live to 40!
If it is normally 40 years. There must be a huge number of corydoras cats that have been rehomed several times and the fish you get from your local shop could easily be 20 or 30 years old when you buy it.

I suppose I'm saying that if there are wild caught cory's being sold those fishes average age would be 10-15 years if they normally live to 40.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back