Ludwig Venter Retired Moderator Retired Moderator ⚒️ Joined Jun 7, 2008 Messages 8,209 Reaction score 5 Points 38 Location South Africa Jun 17, 2009 #1 When I started with tropicals (approximately 1970)..... Malawis were never heard of..... there is now such abundance of 'em, and yet, they are classified as "old" world.... How do we differentiate???
When I started with tropicals (approximately 1970)..... Malawis were never heard of..... there is now such abundance of 'em, and yet, they are classified as "old" world.... How do we differentiate???
degsod Fish Addict Joined Apr 14, 2009 Messages 723 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Location Merseyside, UK Jun 17, 2009 #2 I always assumed it was where they came from i.e. the new world cichlids come from South or Central America (the new world)
I always assumed it was where they came from i.e. the new world cichlids come from South or Central America (the new world)
kribensis12 I know where you live Joined Nov 13, 2006 Messages 8,679 Reaction score 593 Points 113 Location Peoria, Illinois Jun 17, 2009 #3 ^ That's what I always thought.
M meguro Fish Herder Joined May 4, 2009 Messages 1,413 Reaction score 0 Points 0 Jun 17, 2009 #4 http/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_World http/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World