What Would You Get

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

squishy_1984

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hi, i have decided with your help to get a 55g tank, it is a fluval duo deep 1200.
i can't decide what to stock it with though, i either want a mbuna cichlid tank or a community tank with rams, barbs, tetras, gouramis and coreys/catfish.

i cant decide an was hoping you could help make my mind up. i dont want fish that need near perfect water conditions as i am new to the hobby (only 2-3 months)

what are your opinions???

go for the mbuna tank.stunning colours/personalities etc.you wont regret it.

I'll put in a voice for the other side :lol: Lots of interest in a community tank, so much variety; several continents worth to choose from. Cories are lovely fish, or there are all sorts of other catfish to choose from.

Let your tapwater make the choice - Malawis if it's hard & community if you have soft water.

really fancy the mbuna tank, juswent an bought a book from my lfs on them.

had a look at the tanks too and i cant decide between a fluval duo deep 1200 or a juwel rio 240. someone help me make my mind up.
is it worth the extra pennies for the internal filter/heater in the juwel or should i get the fluval an get a cannister on top of the supplied fluval plus 3?????

the juwel tank is taller and comes with a nicer stand but i cud put the extra pennies towards other gear for my tank.

cheers

really fancy the mbuna tank, juswent an bought a book from my lfs on them.

had a look at the tanks too and i cant decide between a fluval duo deep 1200 or a juwel rio 240. someone help me make my mind up.
is it worth the extra pennies for the internal filter/heater in the juwel or should i get the fluval an get a cannister on top of the supplied fluval plus 3?????

the juwel tank is taller and comes with a nicer stand but i cud put the extra pennies towards other gear for my tank.

IMO the juwel is far better - bigger, lovely proportions, better filter & if you look around there isn't much difference in price. The Juwel equivalent to the fluval you are looking at is the Rio 180 and I can find these new with the stand for £249

IMO it would be worth the extra just to get the tank matching the stand but if cash is tight have a look on ebay.

I'd recommend that you get about 4 small angelfish about the same size and about 6 black widow tetras and 6 long finned black widow tetras and once the angels get bigger return the other 2 once 2 of them pair up. As for a bottom dweller, how about a bristle nose pleco?

Most reactions

Back