What Would You Do With This? A Very Unusual Aquarium!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Joshy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Its a triple hexagon fish tank, all three are connected and all three have seperate UG filters.

DSCF1625.jpg

We think it holds 90L, its coming out at 3 foot wide approx (again we think).
What would you do with it, i want the full spec. What decoration, plants, colour gravel, fish etc etc.

Possible a prize to the persons' i use (if i use anyones idea).
Warning though, the prize will be fluval related.

Thanks

Josh

BTW, its good to be back.

depends how tacky you want to go with it, you could have 3 different colours in each section :p

welcome back

I would keep tiger barbs in it. My lot use to swim from one side of the tank when I called them, then I would go to the other end and call them again and they would swim up to me. (yes I am very crazy talking to my fish). You could turn it into a swimming assult course.

going to take my tablets now lol

Dwarf puffers, each one having a different theme, african, asian and one some kind of swamp...

Put a different plant in each. 90L you say? For the stocking, Endlers or guppies or neons or some sort of shoal, and a bunch of shrimp!

Bogwood spire/pile (lots of small pieces stacked) in one of the far chambers, heavy planting in the middle chamber and a couple of big smooth rocks with some pebbles at the bottom in the last chamber. Fine gravel throughout, and pop 3 small shoals in there. I'd go with 10 or so neon's/cardinals, 15 ember tetra's and 6-8 panda corys.

If you could have it as marine, it would be stunning to have a small octopus and watch it move through the tubes.

I was looking at a double hex on ebay last week, was thinking of closing off the ends to each side and putting a betta in each side.

WOW me wants your tank.

It screamed betta's to me as well if there is a way to block each section off.

Where did you find it?

I hope you didn't pay good money for that as my suggestion would be to put it in the bin, its just not to my taste at all! That notwithstanding the tank will have a very small surface area for gas exchange regardless of the estimated capicity of 90 litres. I'd work out the surface area of each hexagon and base any stocking levels on that surface area not the estimated tank volume. Also I'd look at getting some flow in the connecting tubes as I doubt if the flow from the UGs will be enough to drag any water through the tubes. Like I've said before, the discerning aquarist cannot go wrong with a sunken treasure chets and a diver, so given htat you have 3 "chambers" I'd go with a sunken galleon too!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back