FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
What would you guys do if you won Powerball? Let’s just say you won $100,000,000. (After tax and tithe. ;))

I will share what I would do after a couple of you guys answer. :)

(@Flushable Pets already kind of gave an answer, that’s where I got the idea, lol)

So um, sorry for being stupid but...what is powerball? Like lotto or something?

So um, sorry for being stupid but...what is powerball? Like lotto or something?
Yes, it is a giant lottery where you buy a $5 ticket and you could win big. (Or loose in most cases)

So essentially, what would you do if someone handed you a check for $100,00,00?

Large-ish house (4-5 bedroom, not a mansion) but with a huge garden, and a dedicated fishroom. RO unit so I could keep whatever fish I like. Hire help for my folks, while moving them in with me still. Retire blissfully, but also go back to uni and study something else I'd like to do as a career for fun, not just to keep a roof over my head.

Oh! Invest the rest. Hire a financial consultant first, maybe invest before all the other stuff, so the investment can pay for the other stuff rather than spending down the capitol.

I would set up a college/startup fund for the Badgerling, retire from teaching (but still volunteer now and then and/or do some private lessons, because I like kids), buy a nice piece of land in the red hills with a good water source where I could build an energy-efficient, off-grid house, hunt, grow food, and raise my family. Spend my time gardening, hunting, fishing, creating music, wood-working, sharing meals and music with friends, and basically living as self-sufficiently as possible in today's society.

All of that would barely put a dent in $100,000,000, so I would have a ton of fun giving the rest away to favorite charities. Especially, I would just LOVE to walk into the Ronald McDonald house that took such good care of my family a few years ago during a crisis, slap down a six- (or seven-) digit check, and tell them to go crazy. :) Sigh. Maybe someday...

I would buy some things I really want. (Like a phone, more GoPro’s, DEFINITELY more fish tanks. :lol:)

I would probably pay to make a nice big shed, that I would turn into a fish room. I may even open it up to public, and make more money as sort of mini aquarium.

Of course all of that would barely be $100,000,000. I would buy my mom, dad, and grandma what they need (new cars, etc.). I would put most of it in savings and invest it. :)

$100,000,000. I am not that greedy, so that's quite a large budget for one lifetime.

As I said before, we'd move to Utah.

Our home wouldn't be anything over the top. Figure 4 bedroom and 2,500-3,000 sq ft. with a full basement. Nice, but reasonably modest. Rustic modern design overall. I figure enough acreage (a chunk of desert land works just fine) to have a small runway and hanger and room for our house and two other modest homes on site for my mother and my sister and her family.

Of course we'd have some pretty sweet aquariums and terrariums for our pets, but nothing too extreme.

Of course I have to have a new plane. I'm thinking a Flight Design CTLS. Plus I will be building a kit plane with my children like I did with my father.

New cars all around, obviously. My mother and I will have new trucks. A soccer mom style kid hauler for my sister. I'd probably get a kid hauler as well. Since I still have a good $98,000,000 at this point, I am tempted to spring for a lower end Lamborghini or Ferrari, but it's hard for me to justify spending as much on a car as I would on a house.

Of course I'll need a fishing boat. I think I can spring but a little nicer than a 14ft aluminum jon boat, so now I must choose between a fiberglass bass boat and a pontoon boat.

Maybe a side x side or some four wheelers for puttering around our property.

I think an acre or pond is in the cards, wouldn't you agree?

I would donate handsomely to causes that we support such as Your Whole Baby and Saving Sons.

Other than that, I wouldn't work. I'd fill my day gardening, fishing, working on projects like building my plane. While our homes were being built, we'd go on a nice long vacation. See the world and spend some time in Vegas (not gambling). The remaining $97,000,000 would be put in the bank and we could easily live off the interest alone.

And no, our kids aren't going to be spoiled little brats. You will get a job. You will get an education. You will NOT get a new car for your 16th birthday. You will never go without, but you will learn the value of a dollar as I have.

Last edited:
Of course I have to have a new plane. I'm thinking a Flight Design CTLS. Plus I will be building a kit plane with my children like I did with my father.
I think an acre or pond is in the cards, wouldn't you agree?
Ah, that. I would probably go for a pilot license. My dream plane is a long-eze. But I'd get a professional (or at least someone with some serious experience) to build it for me. I'm a do-it-yourself person, but there are certain things--electrical work, most surgeries, extremely complex mechanical devices that fly and can kill you if you get the slightest detail wrong--that are best left to the pros.

And yes, definitely a pond, if the property has a reliable water source.

Ah, that. I would probably go for a pilot license. My dream plane is a long-eze. But I'd get a professional (or at least someone with some serious experience) to build it for me. I'm a do-it-yourself person, but there are certain things--electrical work, surgical equipment, extremely complex mechanical devices that fly and can kill you if you get the slightest detail wrong--that are best left to the pros.

And yes, definitely a pond, if the property has a reliable water source.

Definitely agree. You can't exactly pull over to the curb in a plane. My father was an A&P and we worked on a lot of aircraft together over the years, so I have a heads up on a few things. I am fairly confident with structural work, but not so much when it comes to electronics and engines. I would never proceed with any of this without the guidance and blessing of an expert. My father is gone, but we live in the age of information and I can afford to employ an expert when needed.

I wish I could fly more than I get to now, but it's a very expensive hobby.

My dad is actually a private pilot.

He flys CJ2’s, CJ3’s, and CJ4’s. (And all the +’s of those)

He used to play Black Hawks in the Army, and he also flew a few cargo planes. He knows a LOT about planes, let’s just say that. :)

My dad is actually a private pilot.

He flys CJ2’s, CJ3’s, and CJ4’s. (And all the +’s of those)

He used to play Black Hawks in the Army, and he also flew a few cargo planes. He knows a LOT about planes, let’s just say that. :)

Oooh, that's a little above my pay grade right there. I normally rent either a CTSW or Sport Cruiser, but I started out in a good ole 152.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back